Monday, July 14, 2008

Mike Cofferon from Dublin used the 34 & 405 kits


Mike did a revision of his 34 and his 405 with the Dada Upgrade kits.


Here is what he says about it:


"I have completed both upgrades now and spent the weekend listening to the results. I sounds fantastic!

Can't recommend this upgrade strongly enough. Obviously I'm comparing the old tired, dried out sound of the Quads before the upgrade, but even so…

Stereo Image, Timing and Timbre are all spot on, but the increase in information still doesn't overload the listener, it's still a supremely MUSICAL amp combo. One unexpected bonus is the hightened effect of the "Tilt" control. I never got the change in soundstage that Quad described in their user manual before, but now it's clearly evident. I've been able to tune the frequency curve of the amp to compensate for my less than ideal listening room. All this for less than the price of a few metres of speaker cable you guys should really be charging more for this upgrade :)"


Stefaan

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home